Best Used Tires - Bad tires, lost money & waste of time
Update added by user Nov 05, 2013
Best Used Tires gave me a full refund for these tires.Plus they allowed me to wait until I returned from vacation to return them, long after their agreed return policy, which was very nice of them.
This was also outside of the 90 day eBay feedback deadline. So there was no way to give them negative feedback if they failed to keep their word. They gave me a full refund, minus the shipping charges.
Also I lost the money spent on mounting and dismounting, plus my time.Still, I would probably withdraw my negative complaint but this site doesn't allow it.
Original review posted by user Feb 06, 2013
I bought a matched pair of tires from Best Used Tires on eBay (eBay id: vyc_bestusedtires) that were advertised as having 90-95% tread.While pricy at $161, I picked these tires because they matched the what was on my vehicle.
While I would agree that there was plenty of tread left on the new tires, after spending $40 to have them mounted and balanced, there was an incredible noise and vibration that you could feel in the steering and even through the gas pedal. The old worn out pair of tires were absolutely quiet. I took them back to the installer and had them rebalanced and no change in the noise. Then a week later I took them to another installer and paid another $40 for them to rebalance but still the noise and vibration.
On my 2nd trip to this dealer, they diagnosed it was the tires. So I bought a new pair of tires and the noise stopped. BUT's policy of 14 days on returns was not possible as I waited over a week to get them mounted and it was right before I left on a 3 week trip for the holidays. But they were nice enough to refund my money and even pay for the return shipping, even refunding me after eBay's 60 day negative feedback window (so I could not leave negative feedback).
So I will give them that much credit. They would not refund any part of the $80 spent on mounting and balancing. So that plus 4 trips to the tire store, with about 2 hours of my time on each occasion, made it worse than time wasted. Lesson learned: I will never buy tires from this company or from any Internet based tire company, as service is too big of a problem.
Buy from your local tire dealer.In the end I found a BRAND NEW pair of tires for the same price as these.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Matched Tires
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This whole expensive disaster started in February of 2014. I had used Michigan Motorz a few times before and thought they were a good solid company that stood behind the..."
- "Ive purchased several tires from best used in the past, as I am a rural mail carrier and go through a lot of tires. In April I purchased a set..."
- "I purchased a used 5.9l dodge ram engine that was advertised on their website picture on a pallet very clean with 70,000 miles(was supposed to be an actual picture..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."