Best Used Tires - Bad tires, lost money & waste of time

18 of 21 Best Used Tires reviews

Update added by user Nov 05, 2013

Best Used Tires gave me a full refund for these tires.Plus they allowed me to wait until I returned from vacation to return them, long after their agreed return policy, which was very nice of them.

This was also outside of the 90 day eBay feedback deadline. So there was no way to give them negative feedback if they failed to keep their word. They gave me a full refund, minus the shipping charges.

Also I lost the money spent on mounting and dismounting, plus my time.Still, I would probably withdraw my negative complaint but this site doesn't allow it.

Original review posted by user Feb 06, 2013

I bought a matched pair of tires from Best Used Tires on eBay (eBay id: vyc_bestusedtires) that were advertised as having 90-95% tread.While pricy at $161, I picked these tires because they matched the what was on my vehicle.

While I would agree that there was plenty of tread left on the new tires, after spending $40 to have them mounted and balanced, there was an incredible noise and vibration that you could feel in the steering and even through the gas pedal. The old worn out pair of tires were absolutely quiet. I took them back to the installer and had them rebalanced and no change in the noise. Then a week later I took them to another installer and paid another $40 for them to rebalance but still the noise and vibration.

On my 2nd trip to this dealer, they diagnosed it was the tires. So I bought a new pair of tires and the noise stopped. BUT's policy of 14 days on returns was not possible as I waited over a week to get them mounted and it was right before I left on a 3 week trip for the holidays. But they were nice enough to refund my money and even pay for the return shipping, even refunding me after eBay's 60 day negative feedback window (so I could not leave negative feedback).

So I will give them that much credit. They would not refund any part of the $80 spent on mounting and balancing. So that plus 4 trips to the tire store, with about 2 hours of my time on each occasion, made it worse than time wasted. Lesson learned: I will never buy tires from this company or from any Internet based tire company, as service is too big of a problem.

Buy from your local tire dealer.In the end I found a BRAND NEW pair of tires for the same price as these.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
18 of 21 Best Used Tires reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 29 #1233663 Chicago, Illinois, United States

Brought 2 tires with this company and after getting them installed in noticed lots of vibration on the steering wheel. The shop balanced the tires again and still having the same issue. I contacted them and they refuse to work with me.. even know I only had them for a week plus the customer service people aren't ton nice..

0 0 Reply
jjjcamacho

Nov 05, 2013 #738017 Naugatuck, Connecticut, United States

The company I work for sells over 200 cars per month on a regular basis, We replace more then half of them with Best used tires. No complaints here and if we did have an issue they have always come through. We know you can't make everyone happy but they sure try too. Good place, I have given out their name out to anyone who is looking or has a business. Highly recommended.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Best Used Tires. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Best Used Tires.
Filing a new complaint about
×